Team > Dr. Raymond Frempong
Dr. Raymond Frempong is a postdoctoral researcher at the Chair of Development of Economics, University of Bayreuth in the project, “Multiplicity in Decision-Making of Africa’s Interacting Markets: The Functioning of Community Law, the Role of Market Participants and the Power of Regional Judges”.
Curriculum Vitae: Here
- 2014-2018: PhD (Economics), University of Bayreuth
- 2011-2013: MPhil (Economics), University of Cape Coast
- 2004-2008: BA (Economics), University of Cape Coast
- 2014-2018: BIGSAS PhD scholarship
- August 22nd - 26th, 2017: 6th Lindau Meeting on Economic Sciences
List of Publications
- Frempong, R. B., & Annim, S. K. (2017). Dietary diversity and child malnutrition in Ghana. Heliyon, 3(5), e00298.
- Annim, S. K., & Frempong, R. B. (2018). Effects of access to credit and income on dietary diversity in Ghana. Food Security, 10(6), 1649-1663.
- Frempong, R. B., & Stadelmann, D. (2019). The Effect of Food Price Changes on Child Labour: Evidence from Uganda. The Journal of Development Studies, 55(7), 1492-1507.
- Novignon, J., Frempong, R. B., & Afoakwah, C. Access to Markets, Food Security and Poverty in Ghana: Evidence from Smallholder Farmers. Linking Smallholder Farmers to Markets.
- Frempong, R. B., Stadelmann, D., & Wild, F. (2020). Coronavirus-Lockdowns, Secondary Effects and Sustainable Exit-Strategies for Sub-Saharan Africa (No. 2020-09). Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Frempong, R. B., & Stadelmann, D. (2020). Risk Preference and Child Labour: Econometric Evidence (No. 2020-02). Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Frempong, R., Kitzmüller, L., & Stadelman, D. (2019). A micro-based approach to evaluate the effect of water supply on health in Uganda (No. 2019-07). CREMA Working Paper.
- Frempong, R. B. (2018). Agricultural Subsidies and Child Labour: Evidence from Malawi’s Farm Input Subsidy Programme. Available at SSRN 3230678.
- Frempong, R. B., & Stadelmann, D. (2017). Does Female Education have a Bargaining Effect on Household Welfare? Evidence from Ghana and Uganda (No. 2017-08). CREMA Working Paper.
Workshops and conferences
- 27 May -2 June 2019: African Economic Research Consortium’s December Biannual Research Workshop in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 17-19 March 2019: Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) Conference on Economic Development in Africa in Oxford, UK.
- 3 – 7 December 2017: African Economic Research Consortium’s December Biannual Research Workshop in Arusha, Tanzania.
- 19 – 21 March 2017: Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) Conference in Oxford, UK.
- 22 – 26 August 2017: 6th Lindau Meeting on Economic Sciences at Lindau, Germany.
- 26-30 June 2017. Experimental Economics Summer Program at Paris School of Economics, Paris, France.
- 16-21 August 2015: Bavaria Graduate Program in Economics course on Empirical Evaluation Methods at Muggendorf, Germany.
- 19 - 24 July 2015: Bavaria Graduate Program in Economics course Advanced Econometrics (Panel Data) at Muggendorf, Germany.
- 4 – 8 August 2014: Participated in ICPSR Summer Programme workshop on Providing Social Science Services: Strategies for Design in the University of Michigan, USA.
- 28 July - 1 Sept. 2014: Participant at ICPSR Summer Programme workshop on Curating and Managing Research Data for Re-Use in the University of Michigan, USA.
- 6 -7 June 2014: Participant in a Round Table Discussion organized by Department of Economics, University of Cape Coast on Food security in Cape Coast, Ghana.
- 7 May 2014: Participated in a conference organized by the Directorate of Research, Innovations and Consultancy (DRIC) on Ethical Review in Cape Coast, Ghana.
- Economic development
- Economics of child labour
- Rural agricultural development
- Food and nutrition security
- Regional integration in Africa
Dr. Raymond Frempong
Postdoctoral Researcher, Development Economics VWL E
University of Bayreuth
Zi. 1. 0 0 2 146
Phone: +49 (0) 921556197
Homepage: Google Scholar | Raymond Boadi Frempong